The three purposes of Crowdstart Capital are:
- To invest in a relatively unexplored niche-market based on decades of experience in business, blockchain technology and investment.
- To open up investment opportunities in what is commonly known as venture funding to a larger crowd.
- To take a leading role in the encouragement of innovation and adoption of blockchain technology (more here) through investment, mentoring and application promotion.
The essentials for a token holder
Any potential investor in Crowdstart Capital tokens should be aware of the absolute risk of losing the entire investment amount. There will be no guarantees of any return on investment in case of failure. Additionally, no guarantees can be made that tokens will be traded at above initial purchase price.
- Crowdstart Capital will put tokens up for sale on one or more cryptocurrency exchanges. The tokens will represent participation in the fund and will be openly tradable after the sale has ended.
- A total of 1,000,000,000 tokens will be issued at a price of $0.01 per token, with a declining premium being offered to early investors.
- Possession of tokens will provide exposure to a previously exclusive investment market.
- In case of a successful exit, the possibility of a repurchasing exists, allowing token holders to sell back their tokens to Crowdstart Capital.
- Any repurchased tokens will be taken out of the market, increasing the relative economic interest in the still active tokens.
PRELIMINARY CROWDSTART CAPITAL TERMS
Crowdstart Capital I, Digital Venture Fund, Pte. Ltd., Singapore will be the first fund managed by Crowdstart Capital, CSC. The focus of this fund will be to identify the best blockchain technologies in industries beyond finance, mainly focused on: manufacturing, insurance, energy, automotive and health.
Beside the above mentioned fields of investment, CSC is dedicated to invest in blockchain-related innovation at its earliest stages, where we can create a manageable and efficient investment pace, and where we believe we make the most valuable impact by matching the startup’s abilities with the potential buyer’s needs. We distinguish exceptional teams in terms of technological mastery, domain expertise, general management capabilities, and personal attributes. During a 12-month investment process, we share close working relationships between portfolio companies, and leading companies in the respective areas.
The CSC investment process is a hybrid model of a classic venture capital model and a corporate venture model: CSC acts an independent investor, searching for the latest and most promising blockchain projects on the market. However, the search for projects does not start based on an investment hypothesis alone, but on the basis of the in-depth and long-term project experience of the CSC team with corporations in the targeted industries. Equipped with deep insights into the needs of major industry players, CSC is able to focus its investment process by carefully targeting blockchain projects that match industry’s needs. The true strength lies in the combination of sound investments based on unique experience in building blockchain-based products alongside decades of management and operational experience.
Startups qualifying for investment by Crowdstart Capital should:
- work on a blockchain-related project in one of the above mentioned fields
- be willing to adapt their offering to existing market needs and
- be entrepreneurial to the max.
Naturally, the above criteria are necessary but not necessarily sufficient for an investment to take place. The vetting and due diligence process will be carefully executed according to the current market climate, mentoring capabilities available at Crowdstart Capital, fit to industry needs, potential for further development in team and personal fit.
- 10-20 investments
- Up to $500,000 per investment
- Target deal lifetime between 6 and 12 months
PRELIMINARY DIGITAL TOKEN OFFERING TERMS
1 CSC token = 0.01 USD
1,000,000,000 CSC tokens
10%: CSC Partners
5%: CSC Team
2.0% management fee, 25% performance fee
If token price is less than the fund’s NAV, CSC may purchase tokens in the market.
Evergreen: tokens are traded in perpetuity once issued
Crowdstart Capital I, Digital Venture Fund, Pte. Ltd., Singapore
Fund set-up; ongoing legal, accounting and administration costs